Friday, January 05, 2007

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin/Harry and the Potters @ Greensboro Public Library, 1/4/07

The new year got off to a cool start when I found out that my favorite new artist of '05 was gonna be giving a free concert at the main branch of the Greensboro Public Library, opening for hyper-literate rock group Harry and the Potters. A lot of fun was had by all. I got a copy of SSLYBY's re-issued debut Broom on vinyl, plus I got the band to sign it! And even though I hadn't heard much from Harry and the Potters (who, by the way, are a duo that perform rock songs based on events that take place in the Harry Potter books), they gave an excellent show as well. I must, however, agree with what my brother said during the sets. Whoever walked into the library expecting a nice, quiet evening certainly received something else!

Front and Center

A Closer Look

Switched

Another Wide Shot

Will and Grace

One Harry Potter

Two Harry Potters

See more concert photos, as well as photos of my signed vinyl.

No comments: