Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Hertzfeldt Short + Stills

Animator Don Hertzfeldt, who has consistently blown my mind and/or made me laugh my ass off with shorts like Billy's Balloon, Rejected, and The Meaning of Life, has made some major announcements regarding his new film, part two in the trilogy that began with 2007's Everything Will Be OK. The film is going to be called I Am So Proud of You and he has posted some awesome stills from it on his blog:




More stills, as well as DVDs of all of Don's work, t-shirts, and more awesome stuff, can be found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Any word on when and how we'll be able to see the new one? I read that he quit "the Animation Show" so I'm guessing it'll be somewhere else...

Devin said...

He says he hopes to have the film done by the end of May, so you can probably expect it to hit the festival circuit sometime in the late Summer/early Fall. Usually, he waits until the film has played at a bunch of festivals before selling a DVD of it at his online store, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a DVD release of it in 2008.