Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shout-Out to Stereogum!

When I got my latest issue of Spin Magazine this afternoon, the first thing I noticed was the promise of a Kevin Federline interview on the front cover. OH GOODY! So, I decided to e-mail Stereogum to complain about Spin's new-found pandering to readers of celebrity gossip.

And guess what? They made a post about it.

Now, they did do a bit of editing to my e-mail, so I'll post it here in its entirely (for all you Stereogum completists out there):

    From: Devin DiMattia
    Subject: The Downfall of Spin
    Date: April 25, 2006 12:00:30 PM EDT
    To: info@stereogum.com

    So, I don't know if you guys have seen the new issue of Spin Magazine, but they are definitely trying to pander to the crowd that reads shit like InTouch and Us Weekly by revamping their front cover to look like celeb gossip mags. Take a look:



    Also, please notice the article on the left of the Spin cover that reads "'I Didn't Pimp Britney' Kevin Federline Speaks Out" Are they fucking serious?? Who reads Spin Magazine that would possibly give a shit? I swear, if it wasn't for the interviews with The Streets, The Flaming Lips, and Weezer in this issue (which, I should mention, are nowhere to be found on the cover), I would've cancelled my subscription pronto.

    Devin DiMattia
I was hoping that they would've included a link to my blog, 'cause then I would've been able to say "DiMattiaFilms: As Linked To By Stereogum," but sadly, no dice. Ah well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you...but you probably used up about 1:33 of your allotted 15 minutes of fame.