Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Update!

So, I should probably go ahead and let everyone know that I am hard at work on a documentary short about the indie music industry and how the Internet has changed the way bands market themselves and distribute their music. It's gonna be called Firewall of Sound, and hopefully, everyone will be able to see it this April.

But, for now, let me wish everyone some good 'ol fashioned Christmas cheer with this video of the Prayers & Tears performing "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" at the Christmas at the Cradle event last year. Perry, the leader of the band, is one of the people I am interviewing for the film and he is a super-awesome guy who makes some amazing music, which you can hear a good deal of on his band's official website.



Plenty more footage from the concert can be found here.

UPDATE: I almost forgot. Perry pointed me in the direction of this really solid compilation of Christmas music by fellow blogger Hard to Find a Friend. It's only seven bucks and all proceeds go to Toys for Tots. I'm listening to it right now and I can tell you it's totally worth it!

No comments: