Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Personal Music Purchasing Ban: Results

So, it's November now, and per the rules I gave myself, I should be allowed to buy movies and music again. What I learned through this exercise is that I still end up spending as much money as I normally do, just not on movies or music. :-(

Oh, well. The personal ban also gave me the chance to revisit a lot of the music I have filed away in my CD racks, prompting me to add Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs to my Top 10 of 2005 (So Far) list, even though the album came out back in January. I only just now realized how great an album it really is. It's subtle; very, very subtle. It definitely warrants repeated listenings. Here's an MP3:

Andrew Bird, "A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left"

You also should be able to stream the entire album here. My favorite tracks are "MX Missiles," "Masterfade" and the beautiful "Tables and Chairs," in which the most triumphant moment is when Andrew Bird shouts joyously "There will be snacks!!"

Just awesome.

No comments: