Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My October Resolution

Have you ever had one of those moments where you suddenly realize you have no money? I don't mean when you become gradually aware that you are slowly losing money. I mean you believe for a while that your monetary situation is quite decent...and then, all of a sudden, you check your bank statement online and discover that you only have about forty-five dollars in your account!

Well, this was the blow I was dealt earlier this week, and what shocked me the most was that I had just been paid the previous Friday. I couldn't understand how my paycheck could suddenly depreciate, just like that. So, in the interest of retaining my economical sanity, I have vowed to stop purchasing CDs and DVDs for the remainder of the month.

That's right. No new music or movies for a month (or the rest of the month, anyway). Can Devin possibly hold out that long? Will he crack under the stress of having to listen to music he's already heard and movies he's already seen? Horror upon horrors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that oddsmakers in Vegas are giving 50 to 1 the kid can't make it to the end of the month :-)