Thursday, October 06, 2005

I probably need music rehab, but I can't afford it 'cause of all the music I'm buying.

So for all you boys and girls that haven't been keeping tabs at home, here is all the music I have purchased over the past two weeks:

And as if that wasn't enough, I went and downloaded a couple mixtapes:
  • Out of Five: Covers That Eclipsed the Originals
    The people on this site create ten-track mixtapes every Monday based around a different theme. This particular mixtape is very cool, especially because the tracks of Al Green and Stevie Wonder covering the Beatles are a couple of the best cover songs I have ever heard!

  • Palindrome: A Yewknee Mix
    Michael over at Yewknee made this really cool mix where he took eleven cover songs and added the eleven original versions, but in reverse order, creating an "audible palindrome." While there is a bit of a problem with the volume fluctuating from song to song, the selection is great (especially the TMBG cover by Steve Burns and the Björk cover by Death Cab) and the cover art is beautiful.

No comments: