Monday, October 03, 2005

The Insane Monday Music Post


A Scrapbook for Me
Originally uploaded by devpd.


Lots of stuff to talk about. First off, I just received the first release from Catbird Records, the indie label created by Ryan C., the creator of the Catbirdseat blog. The release is entitled Someone Still Loves You Michael Holt: A Scrapbook for You and it's a collaborative EP between Michael Holt and one of my new fav bands, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. While the music is great, what blew me away was the packaging. The CD comes in a hand-made, hand-bound scrapbook and each of the 250 copies has a unique, hand-painted cover! Definitely the coolest CD package I've ever seen, even cooler than Lemon Jelly's second album.

Also, Stereogum just posted a leaked track from The Strokes' new album and, even though nearly all of the comments are panning it, I think it's one of their best songs. At first listen, it almost doesn't sound like them. The most notable difference is that lead singer Julian Casablancas has dropped the fuzzy old-timey-radio vocal effect, probably at the request of their new producer, David Kahne.

And, finally, new releases by Franz Ferdinand and The Go! Team drop tomorrow! I still have $20 credit from selling a bunch of CDs at this really nice music store downtown, so I'll use that to get those new albums.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: