Saturday, October 08, 2005

Back in action!

Alright, the music posts have ended, so...on with the movie posts!

I'm not usually one to make "critic blurbs" about new movies, but here's one I simply cannot resist. Here goes. (ahem!)

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is, hands down, the funniest motion picture of the year.

There, I've said it. Sure, I might be a little bias (I have been, after all, an avid fan of the comedy duo since Day 1), but I honestly believe that even the most grim movie patron will get a kick out of this film. Nick Park has truly created something very special, a cartoon duo that rivals the greats, even Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse. And the film itself is a delight. Wonderful story, hilarious characters, and some of the most amazing stop-motion effects since...um...well, since Corpse Bride.

The New York Times has been kind enough to offer up a really cool slideshow of film stills and behind-the-scenes photos. As if that weren't enough, there's additional commentary provided by creator Nick Park.

Do yourself a big favor and see The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Trust me; this one is timeless.

No comments: