Sunday, October 02, 2005

Whee! New Blog Entry


Nate and Caroline in Midair
Originally uploaded by devpd.


Man, time flies when you're having fun slaving your ass off at a certain unnamed grocery store's meat department. I've been really busy these past few days and haven't had much time to post anything. I do, however, have some cool stuff to mention to you guys:

The new Catbirdseat mix is up and I'm jamming out to it right now. For those who don't know, the Catbirdseat mix is where I get most of the new indie music I listen to. I have them to thank for introducing me to Devin Davis, Robbers on High Street, and Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin.

I bought a couple new CDs this week: Jacksonville City Nights by Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, and Shake the Sheets by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Both are really good, though if the thought of owning a "country" album makes you shake in your shoes, you probably ought to skip the Ryan Adams album. Don't worry about Ted Leo, though. That guy rocks.

Merri and I went to go see Flightplan and we really liked it. While I do understand the comparisons between this film and Panic Room, this movie really owes more to Hitchcock films like The Lady Vanishes and The Man Who Knew Too Much. Oh, and PLEASE don't read anything about the airline stewardesses who are calling for the boycott of the movie. What those idiots in the media don't realize is that they are GIVING AWAY THE ENDING by reporting on this!!

And, finally, I've added a handful of new photos to my Flickr page, including the photo above, of Nathan and Caroline practicing the Will Farrell jump from Anchorman.

Which reminds me, Bewitched was the free movie this week on campus, so I went to see it and, I must say, it was very entertaining. I was pleasantly surprised.

Alright, that oughta make up for the lack of posts around here! Later!

No comments: