Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Kindness of Strangers

Before I start, just wanted you to know that I'm trying something new with my Amazon.com links. Now if you roll your mouse over any music links (like the ones under the "Choice Cuts" sidebar) a mini-window will open with the price and purchase info from Amazon.com. I figure it's not really a pop-up ad since they're very unobtrusive and they go away once you take your mouse off the link. If you guys think it's a bad idea, let me know and I'll take 'em off.

Moving on...

I recently received an e-mail from Musical Family Tree, "an archive of mostly Indiana music," asking me if I would like a free copy of their new compilation, Delicious Berries. Naturally, I said "hell yeah" (not in those exact words) and a couple days later, I received a package not just containing the aforementioned comp, but an extra CDR of additional music, and a ton of buttons. The compilation itself is very good, and very eclectic. I especially enjoyed the selections from Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos and Emperor Penguin (I'm such a sucker for vocoders). And while I was told not to post songs from the comp on my site, I am allowed to let you guys listen to all the tracks on the CD-R. You can stream all the tracks using the player at the bottom of this post.

Also, any other bands or record labels out there who would like me to give a shout-out, I will happily do so in exchange for free stuff. Don't worry; I'm an equal opportunity sellout! E-Mail me and maybe we'll do lunch! I've got coupons for Quizno's.












No comments: