Friday, August 04, 2006

Apple, Once Again, is Awesome

I don't have a MySpace page. There, I said it. I do, however, have a Facebook page and I am the member of several groups as well. So, imagine my surprise when I received a message from Apple's official Facebook group inviting me to download a free 25-track sampler of electronic music from the iTunes Music Store. I mean, who turns up free music? And this is some quality stuff: Thievery Corporation, Nortec Collective, James Figurine (aka Jimmy Tamborello of Postal Service), A3 (the people responsible for that kickass theme to "The Sopranos"), and more. What's better is that they'll be doing this multiple times with different genres! That's 25 free songs off the iTunes Music Store...every week!

To get your free tunes, just login to Facebook and join the Apple Students group. Then, just click on the link to the mix on the group's main page. They'll send you a password you can redeem on iTunes to get access to the free mix.

Nice to finally see Facebook turn out something worth my while, and thanks to Apple for makin' it happen!

P.S. I missed last week's alternative mix, but luckily the link to get the password is still active. Don't be fooled by the ad for the electronic mix; it'll give you the correct code...along with sweet tracks from Phoenix, Maritime, and Goldfrapp!

No comments: