Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Born-Again Indie Music Fan

If you've parused the sidebar of my site recently, you might've noticed that I've expanded my "Top 5 of 2005 (so far)" to two seperate sections: one for mainstream labels and one for indie bands. Now, I'm not going to be playing favorites out of these two sections, but I would like to say if you want great music at a great price, click on some of the links in the indie list. I've actually received e-mails from the artists thanking me for buying their music!

In related indie news, I was over at The Catbirdseat and they mentioned this indie label called My Mean Magpie, which offers up entire albums of their artists' music FOR FREE!! How cool is that? I suggest you start by streaming their label sampler to find something you like. After listening to a couple songs by the group Toys for Elliot, I decided to download their 2-disc release, which cost me nary a dime, just a few minutes of download time.

If you guys liked that electronica song that sampled Sesame Street, you're bound to like this cover of a Sesame Street song by My Mean Magpie group Georgia, off their album Nothing New.

No comments: