Saturday, June 25, 2005

Iron & Wine @ Carrboro


Iron & Wine Poster
Originally uploaded by devpd.

Really awesome concert, I gotta say. Sadly, not many of my photos turned out good. Still, in my defense, I was too busy taking in the sublime melancholy of Sam Beam's music to worry about taking any photos. :-)

Opening act Band of Horses was quite awesome as well. Definitely have a Coldplay sense of anthemic yet simplistic rock structure, yet their lead vocalist has a Wayne Coyne-style voice thing going on. Am I trying too hard to sound cool? Sorry 'bout that. Here's some free music from both bands to make up for it:

Iron & Wine, "Woman King" (MP3)

Band of Horses, "Funeral" (MP3)

1 comment:

Dave Nicoll said...

Looks like a good gig. I stumbled across Iron & Wine accidently by downloading one of their albums and I've been a huge fan since. Just wish they'd tour the UK!