Friday, June 10, 2005

Photo Qualms

Yeah, yeah, I have yet to post a new photo of the week. I'm working on it. In the meantime, if anyone has a cool photo they've taken (or knows a cool photo on Flickr that might interest me), please drop me an e-mail at devin@dimattiafilms.com! Muchas gracias!

Oh, and by the way, The King of Comedy is a very freaky movie. If you thought Martin Scorsese only made one creepy Robert De Niro film, think again. Which reminds me, I need to go out and get The Aviator on DVD. For some reason, even though I really enjoyed Sideways and, initially, I liked Million Dollar Baby (I have since changed my opinion, especially after seeing Paul Haggis' directorial debut Crash, which was 10X better), Martin Scorsese's ode to Howard Hughes has stayed with me the longest, leaving the deepest impression on myself. I tell you, I never much thought of Leonardo DiCaprio as an actor (I hated him in The Beach and I have no plans on seeing Titanic), but after seeing his performances in Catch Me If You Can and The Aviator, I'm looking forward to seeing what else he's got up his sleeve.

Alright, I think this concludes my movie rant for the week. Here's some free music for those who got this far:

Sufjan Stevens, "Casimir Pulaski Day"
(heartfelt acoustic track by Stevens, whose plans are to release 50 albums, one for each of the United States; Michigan's already out, and Illinois is ready for release)

The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers, "Against Pollution"
(an awesome live track from the Chapel Hill alt-rock group; you can download a bunch of other cover songs and live tracks from the band's music page)

No comments: