Friday, April 08, 2005

The First Kids Network...Way Back When

Found this really interesting book, Nickelodeon Nation and I started skimming through it. I found a table showing Nickelodeon's programming schedule from October 1985. Take a look; remember these shows?

Saturday:
8:00 AM - Pinwheel
9:00 AM - Out of Control
9:30 AM - Mr. Wizard's World
10:00AM - Lassie
10:30AM - Little Prince
11:00AM - Nick Rocks
12:00PM - You Can't Do That on Television
12:30PM - Dangermouse
1:00 PM - Belle and Sebastian
1:30 PM - Lassie
2:00 PM - Witch's Sister (drama)
3:30 PM - Who Spooked Rodney
4:00 PM - Lights, Camera, Action
5:00 PM - Livewire
6:00 PM - Out of Control
6:30 PM - Nick Rocks
7:00 PM - You Can't Do That on Television
7:30 PM - Dangermouse
8:00 PM - National Geographic

The only one on the list I've ever actually seen is "You Can't Do That..." I actually remember watching "Nick Jr." in preschool, back when they had shows like "Eureeka's Castle" (did you know the head writer of that show was Mr. Goosebumps himself, R.L. Stine?). I find it funny that two of the titles on this list are now band names (Belle and Sebastian, Dangermouse).

Well, if you have a chance, pick up a copy of "Nickelodeon Nation." Also, I would like to give a shout-out to all of my fellow podcasters who've mentioned me or Jump Cut Radio on their shows:

Chub Creek
GoTriad Radio
The Tragically Nameless Podcast

Also, thanks to Brian over at Coverville for playing not one, but TWO of my requests on his show! If you ever have a minute, download episode 66 of Coverville and listen to my Aimee Mann and Everclear cover song requests!

No comments: