Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Some Choice Album Art

One of the major reasons I still buy most of my music is because I love album art. Whether it's cool photography or innovative artwork, if a cover is eye-catching, I just might be more inclined to go buy it. Here's some recent album artwork that has caught my eye (and my ear). Click on any for a larger view.


The Mars Volta, Frances the Mute
Cover by Storm Thorgerson, Peter Curzon and Dan Abbott, with Bill Thorgerson


Andrew Bird, The Mysterious Production of Eggs
Drawings and artwork by Jay Ryan
Layout by Jason Harvey


Various Artists, Verve Remixed 3
Art Direction: Hollis King
Original Design: Rehab
Design: Rika Ichiki
Audio Sculpture: David Ellis
Photography: Vincent Soyez

Also, check out the excellent poster art by Jason Munn at TheSmallStakes.com. He's done tour posters for Death Cab for Cutie, Iron & Wine, Pedro the Lion, and The Pixies!

No comments: