Friday, April 22, 2005

Massive midnight update!

Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while, but I've just been overwhelmed with the stuff that's been happening recently. First off, the king of podcasting himself, Adam Curry, played our promo for Jump Cut Radio on a recent episode of his Daily Source Code. Since then, traffic has doubled on our site, we now have over eighty subscribers, and me and Nathan couldn't be happier! This is so freakin' awesome!

Also, my Photo of the Week comes from the Flickr account of Funtime Ben from UpTheTree.com. Unfortunately, the photo is copyrighted and I didn't get his permission, so hopefully, he won't get pissed off.

Earlier this evening (Thursday evening), I performed with four other crazy people in our UNCW Improv Club, basically doing a bunch of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" antics and skits. It was a lot of fun, but I was insanely nervous 'cause I've never done any improvisational comedy in front of an audience. I'll see if I can upload some pics for you guys.

Finally, I'm getting the team back together for the Spring 2005 One Take Festival! This year's production team is the same as last year's except Eric Martin had to drop out due to exams and scheduling conflicts and we've added the lovely Katy Archer, Kaylee's roommate. Once we finish shooting the film, me and Nathan will try and record a new episode of Jump Cut. We'll review "Sin City," talk about One Take, and hold our first contest where you could WIN a free item from the DiMattiaFilms Online Store.

If you're in the Wilmington, NC area, stop by Thalian Hall this Sunday at 7:30 PM, where they'll screen the top 10 One Take films. Hopefully, ours will be included. Tickets are $5 for guests.

Alright, enough of my yapping. Who wants some free music?
Braces Tower, "Eleven Twelve"
A fun little techno song which samples a Sesame Street clip.

No comments: