Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Local Blogger Spared Gruesome Fate By Not Eating Custard

I feel sorry for these guys. Kohl's Frozen Custard is a really great place and they've always served very high-quality food. I will say, however, that whenever you have an employee lose a finger while on the job, it might be a good idea to throw out most of the custard he packaged that day (or at least examine it!) Anyway, this little incident actually happened at the Kohl's right across from campus! I don't know about you guys, but I would never eat frozen custard again if this kind of thing happened to me! Here's the story:

CNN: Man says he found severed finger in his custard

Oddly enough, the story has also provided my quote of the week, which is as follows:

"I thought it was candy because they put candy in your ice cream or whatever to make it a treat. So I said, 'OK, well, I'll just put it in my mouth and get the ice cream off of it and see what it is.'"
--Clarence Stowers, upon finding a severed finger in his pint of Kohl's Frozen Custard


Here's another, more in-depth article from the Boston Globe on the whole situation.

No comments: