Saturday, May 07, 2005

Stream the Decemberists Live in DC!

Short update for this Saturday. Still busy making the transition back to home and all the benefits herein. I make my highly-anticipated return to supermarket employment tomorrow, and I know we're all looking forward to that!

In the meantime, I've gotten hooked on this great band called The Decemberists and their album, Picaresque, which has already made it to my Top 5 of 2005 (So Far). The sweeping melodies and evocative lyrics make this one worth every penny, especially for songs like "The Sporting Life" and "16 Military Wives," but to tell you the truth, every song on here is a keeper.

Don't believe me? Well, it just so happens that you can stream an entire Decemberists concert thanks to the kind people over at National Public Radio.

If that doesn't turn you onto these guys, I don't know what will.

Also, listen to an interview with Colin Meloy, leader of the group, on NPR's All Things Considered.

No comments: