Thursday, May 12, 2005

My 1 AM Decemberists Binge

Have you ever had those moments where you're obsessively fixated on one musician or band? I know I've had my share. I went on a Ben Folds binge a couple years back, crazily droning on and on about how much his music has changed my life and whatnot. Before that, I was obsessed with the Squirrel Nut Zippers (and still am, in a way). But, right now, I am under the spell of the Decemberists. I did a post on their live show in DC, but I forgot to show you the lovely selection of free MP3s of theirs, courtesy of Kill Rock Stars. So join in, all you mariners, and partake in a seaworthy melody!

"The Engine Driver" from Picaresque
"The Soldiering Life" from Her Majesty
"Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect" from Castaways and Cutouts


But wait! There's more. You can download the new, Wes Anderson-esque video for "16 Military Wives" at this website or you can download a high-quality BitTorrent file for it here.

No comments: