Monday, September 19, 2005

Back to the fray...

Well, another weekend came and went. The big thing I did this weekend was that I went to see Junebug, which is now one of my favorite films of the year. You can tell the acting in a film is excellent when it doesn't feel like the cast is acting at all. Everyone seems to be playing their normal selves, even Amy Adams, who definitely plays one of the most hyperactive and eccentric women I've ever seen on film.

Plus, it's a film about North Carolina, the state I'm proud to call my home, even if I was born in Kansas (shh! don't tell anyone). The music is excellent, too, with an original score provided by indie group Yo La Tengo, but, sadly, there's no official soundtrack out right now.

So, my recommendation for everyone out there is to go to your local movie theater, sneak in a couple bottles of Cheerwine, and take in one hour and forty-five minutes of southern fried entertainment.

If you don't believe me, read Roger Ebert's four-star review of the film.

Speaking of Cheerwine, check out these vintage advertisements.

No comments: