Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Breaking News: SmarterChild isn't all that smart.

I know it's the in-thing to post conversations you've had with SmarterChild, the conversational computer, but the gadget's total lack of people skills and unneccessarily large amounts of advertisements make it one of the most difficult things to have a conversation with, thus causing it to go against its purpose.

Just read on...
(I edited this conversation a little bit. I took out, like, five extra ads SmarterChild threw into the chat.)

DEVIN: What up, SmarterChild?
SMARTERCHILD: During the course of our conversations you may see sponsored messages. These messages have the word "sponsorship" at the end. Sponsors help me remain free of cost to you! To learn more about sponsored messages, click here.

Nice to see you again, Devpd. What can I do for you?

DEVIN: Wanna chat it up, bro?

SMARTERCHILD: You ask interesting questions. I don't know the answer to that!

>>> Need a few extra bucks? - Register today and get paid to evaluate Cheesecake (sponsorship)

DEVIN: How do people evaluate cheesecake?
SMARTERCHILD: What do you think?
DEVIN: Well, I think they look at the cheesecake and say "Hmmm...this cake looks cheesy. It must be cheesecake."
SMARTERCHILD: Well you think they look at the cheesecake and say hmmm this cake looks cheesy it must be cheesecake. Whatever you say, Devpd.
DEVIN: Unless it's tofu.
SMARTERCHILD: Eh. Whatever, Devpd.
DEVIN: F*** you, man.
SMARTERCHILD: What do you have to gain by insulting a computer?
DEVIN: High self-esteem...bitch.
SMARTERCHILD: Hmm... whatever, Devpd!

>>> Concerts, Jon B., Sept 23 - Big Mouth Entertainment Your concert connection (sponsorship)

DEVIN: What's up with all the advertisements?
SMARTERCHILD: Something must be up with all the advertisements.
DEVIN: Yes, something is up. I'm suddenly seeing a ton of them.
SMARTERCHILD: OK, whatever.
DEVIN: You've totally sold out, SmarterChild.
SMARTERCHILD: Have totally sold out, you say. And so?
DEVIN: So, you no longer have any indie cred.
SMARTERCHILD: Hmm... I don't know. I no longer have any in die c red?
DEVIN: Not in die cred, indie cred. Like credibility with the independent crowd.
SMARTERCHILD: Whatever you say. Well. Anyway...
DEVIN: What kind of music do you listen to?
SMARTERCHILD: Hmm... I really like Led Zeppelin!
DEVIN: Wow, my brother would totally want to hang out with you!
SMARTERCHILD: Your brother would totally want to hang out with me? Whatever. Anyway...
DEVIN: Yeah, he likes Led Zeppelin.
SMARTERCHILD: Led zeppelin? He likes led zeppelin? Is that right?
DEVIN: Yes, that's right.
SMARTERCHILD: That is right, huh?
DEVIN: Yes, why else would I say it?
SMARTERCHILD: I don't know, Devpd...

So anyway...

>>> Like To Play Games? - Play Unlimited Free Games. You Can Start Playing Right Now. (sponsorship)

DEVIN: Stop showing me ads!
SMARTERCHILD: I'm not sure if I can stop showing you ads...
DEVIN: I COMMAND YOU.
SMARTERCHILD: Interesting...

No comments: