Sunday, September 25, 2005

New song on 15 Megs!

Oh, right, I almost forgot. I've added a new song to my artist page on 15 Megs of Fame. I worked on most of the music here in my dorm, using GarageBand, and I layered down the vocals when I was at home for Labor Day weekend, also using grasping. Please stop by that site and post a comment about it. You can also check out my other songs there as well. If you'd rather not be bothered with visiting a website, I suppose I could just post the MP3s here (groan!)

Devin DiMattia, "Gotta Get My Mind Off of You" (new song, click to download)

Devin DiMattia, "Another Way" (click to download)

Someone posted a comment saying this sounded like early Pink Floyd. I don't know what he was smoking, but I do like this song. I took all the piano loops on GarageBand and wrote this song around them. I think it turned out pretty well, but I would like to re-record my vocals.

Devin DiMattia, "Solitude" (click to download)
Not to be confused with the Billie Holiday song, this is a simple piece of ambient electronica that I worked on after class in Electronic Music I at the Weaver Center in my junior year of high school. Ridiculously simple (now I see how Moby does it!), but pleasant nonetheless.

I also just realized that the last post I made was POST #150!!!! Whee! Thank you all for coming! Refreshments and after-dinner mints will now be served in the lobby. Please drive home safely!

No comments: