Monday, September 05, 2005

DiMattiaFilms Hearts Z-Trip



Just added Z-Trip's album, Shifting Gears to my Top 10 (So Far) list. I've had the album for a while, but on my way home, I got a chance to listen to it, uninterrupted and without any distractions, and I must say it is one of the most fascinating DJ albums to come out since DJ Shadow's Private Press. The guy's got a great sense of sequencing and the album flows so well, you don't ever feel like skipping a track or fast-forwarding through stuff (not even when Linkin Park's Chester Bennington starts singing on "Walking Dead"). My personal favorites are the instrumentals "3rd Gear," with its Moog synthesizers practically oozing retro vibes and "About Face" with its amusing dialogue samples and fast-paced snare drum beats. Here's a free track, probably the best one on the album...

Z-Trip featuring Murs and Supernatural, "Breakfast Club" (ZIP file w/MP3)

Stream more tracks here.

No comments: